Vegetarian Taco Salad with tons of veggies and beans is a salad that eats like a meal. Enjoy.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6-8 ServingsServings
- 1 cup canola oil 250 mL
- 1/4 cup white vinegar 60 mL
- 2 Tbsp lime juice 30 mL
- 1 garlic clove, minced 1
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard 1 mL
- 2 Tbsp sweet pickle relish 30 mL
- 2 Tbsp ketchup 30 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 1/8 tsp pepper 0.5 mL
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed and torn 1
- 1 (15 oz/443 mL) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed 1
- 1/2 cup low-fat cheddar cheese 125 mL
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced 60 mL
- 1 tomato, diced 1
- 2 small whole wheat pitas, split in half and quartered 2
1 In a bowl, whisk together canola oil, vinegar, lime juice, garlic, mustard, relish, ketchup, salt and pepper.
2 Refrigerate until ready to use. If refrigerated, the dressing will keep for three to four days.
3 Brush each pita quarter with 1/2 tsp (2 mL) of dressing.
4 Place on baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes or until crisp.
5 In a large bowl, combine lettuce, beans, cheese, onion and tomatoes.
6 Divide salad into 8 servings. Add 2 Tbsp (30 mL) dressing to each serving and toss. Serve with baked pita wedges.