- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 2 cups flour
- 1½ tablespoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil, divided
- 2½ cups ice water
- Canola oil for frying
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into ¼-inch thick rounds
- 1 large onion, cut into ½-inch thick wedges
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- Kosher salt
- ½ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and 2 tablespoons sesame oil, and whisk to combine. Gradually whisk in water, mixing just
until moistened and lumps are gone. Do not overmix.
Heat 4 inches canola oil in a large pot to 325°F. Line 2 sheet pans with two layers of paper towels. Working in batches, using tongs, dip vegetables into batter and fry just until crispy , about 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to the prepared pans, and sprinkle
with salt. In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, lime juice, and remaining 1 tablespoon sesame oil; whisk to combine.
Serve fried vegetables immediately with the dipping sauce.