Quick and easy, family favorite dinner. I love how quick this steak cooks up with just a simple marinade.
If you can't find skirt steak, use any quick cooking beef. In Israel, follow our Hebrew English Meat Guide For Israel to find the best cut.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 1/2 pounds skirt or flank steak
- 1 cup sesame teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 (8-ounce) carton sliced mushrooms
- (Optional) white rice
- Cut the steak crosswise into 2 to 4 pieces and place in a bowl. Pour teriyaki sauce over the steak, turning to coat well. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Chop onion. Add onions and mushrooms, and saute for 8 to 10 minutes or until softened.
- Meanwhile, heat a lightly greased ridged grill pan over moderately high heat until just smoking.
- Remove steak from marinade and grill 3 minutes on each side for medium-rare meat. (Alternatively, broil steak on rack of a broiler pan about 4 inches from heat.) Transfer steak to a platter and let stand, uncovered, 5 minutes.
- With a sharp knife diagonally cut steak into 1/3-inch-thick slices and serve with vegetables over hot rice, if desired.
To cut down on those dirty dishes, start with a pan that can go from the stove top straight to the broiler.
Contributed by: Quick & Kosher, JAMIE GELLER