- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 to 8 ServingsServings
- 12 pieces Lasagne noodles, uncooked
- 3 cups tomato or spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup Water
- 1 15 1/2- oz. can kidney beans, drained
- 1 10- oz. package frozen corn, thawed
- 1 package chili seasoning mix
- 2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese, grated
1 In a medium bowl, stir together the spaghetti sauce, water, beans, corn and chili seasoning mix.
2 Spread 1 cup of the sauce mixture over the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking pan
3 Arrange 4 pieces of lasagne (3 lengthwise, 1 widthwise) over the sauce.
4 Cover with 1 cup of sauce. Spread 1/2 of the ricotta on top.
5 Arrange another 4 pieces of lasagne over the ricotta and top with another cup of sauce.
6 Spread remaining ricotta on top. Arrange final 4 pieces of lasagne on top. Cover with remaining sauce
7 Refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
8 Preheat oven to 350-o F. Cover lasagne with foil and bake for 45 minutes covered.
9 Uncover lasagne, sprinkle Monterey Jack cheese on top and bake an additional 15 minutes uncovered.
10 Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Source: National Pasta Association