The inspiration for this salad came from a recipe in the newspaper by the Israeli president’s chef. Lettuce, oranges, and pomegranates are a classic Mediterranean combination and I was drawn to these ingredients. It would be perfect for Tu Bishvat.
- Prep Time
- 4-6 ServingsServings
- 2 oranges
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 2-3 cups lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- Dash of honey or silan (optional)
- Peel the oranges and trim away any remaining white pith. Break apart into segments.
- Put the orange segments, pomegranate seeds, walnuts, lettuce, and arugula into a salad bowl and toss with olive oil, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt. Add a drizzle of honey or silan if you prefer a sweeter dressing.