Modern mixologist and Iron Chef America champion Tony Abou-Ganim is no one-hit wonder—his latest creation, titled The Sweet Escape, is a lock to win in the “Best New Drink” category and will certainly warrant an encore.
- 1 ServingsServings
- 1 ounce fresh mango puree (made with fresh mango*)
- 1 1/2 ounce vodka
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice**
- 1 ounce simple syrup***
- 2 ounce chilled soda water
- Mango slices (fan) & lemon spiral for garnish
In a mixing glass add fresh mango puree, vodka, fresh lemon juice, and simple syrup; add ice and shake until well blended. Strain into an ice-filled Collins glass and spritz with chilled soda water. Garnish with a fan of mango slices and a spiral of lemon.
* Fresh Mango Puree: One medium-sized mango = 1 cup diced = 1/2 cup puree.
** Fresh Lemon Juice: 1 medium-sized lemon = approx 2 ounces juice
*** Simple Syrup: Mix a 1:1 ratio of water to sugar; bring water to a boil, add sugar to dissolve, and cool.