Fresh Mediterranean flavors infuse tilapia with moist succulence in this quick parchment-steamedTilapia Mediterranea En Papillote. It's a perfect weeknight meal: super-fast, super healthy, super flavorful and almost no clean-up!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 whole tilapia fillets
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 tablespoon capers (drained)
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine (like Chablis)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 lemons, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Line 2 baking sheets with foil. Cut 4 large pieces of parchment paper. Place 1 tilapia fillet toward one side on each piece of parchment paper. Sprinkle shallots, tomato halves (about 6-8), olives, and a few capers over each fillet. Season liberally with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of wine over each fillet, then drizzle each fillet with about 2 teaspoons olive oil. Place 2 lemon slices on top of each fillet.
3. Fold parchment paper over fish. Then, starting from one side, begin crimping paper, making small folds until a small semi-circle packet is created. Twist and fold end of parchment to seal packet (alternatively, a pin can be used to secure it).
4. Place packets on prepared baking sheets and transfer to preheated oven. Bake for 9-10 minutes – fish should be just cooked through.
To serve, tear open packets (be careful – steam burns!), and use a spatula to transfer fillets to plate. Spoon vegetables and pan juices over fish. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley
Recipe originally published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Magazine Winter 2014 SUBSCRIBE NOW