Easy lunch, can be made and eaten without toasting, but there is something about toasting a wrap filled with melty cheese that makes this healthy lunch feel decadent.
This recipe makes 1 but is easily adapted to any number you need to make.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 cup chopped Romaine lettuce
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 ounce fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced or chopped
- 1 whole grain flatbread, tortilla, wrap, or laffa
- In a small bowl combine evoo and vinegar with pinch salt and pepper. Add lettuce, basil, and tomatoes and toss well.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with a thin layer of evoo.
- Layer salad and cheese onto wrap, fold over sides and roll like a burrito. Place on hot pan and cook until browned on each side.
- Serve hot and fresh or pack it up for later.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 307
- Carbohydrate Content: 32.5 g
- Cholesterol Content: 20 mg
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Fiber Content: 6.6 g
- Protein Content: 12.9 g
- Sodium Content: 510 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g