Easy vegetarian/vegan weeknight dinner with tofu, vegetables and brown rice.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha
- 2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 8 oz firm tofu, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon water
- 4 green onions, cut on 1/4 inch bias 3/4 cup green and white
- 1/4 cup snow peas, ends trimmed and blanched
- 3/4 cup 2 inch julienned carrots, blanched
- 3 cup cold cooked California medium grain brown rice
- Garnish: 1 egg, chopped cilantro
1 In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, sriracha, garlic, and ginger. Add the tofu and gently stir to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 1 day. Drain and reserve marinade. Set aside.
2 Heat 2 Tbsp. canola oil in a wok over high heat until almost smoking. Add the drained tofu and cook, stirring often until browned, about 3 minutes.
3 Add the mushrooms and water and cook, stirring often until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the green onions, snow peas and carrots. Cook, stirring constantly, until the vegetables are tender, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
4 Heat the remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in the wok until almost smoking.
5 Add the rice and cook, stirring constantly until the grains are separate and lightly browned. Add the reserved marinade and stir to combine. Make a well in the center of the rice.
6 Add the eggs and cook until about halfway cooked, stirring occasionally. Stir into the rice, cooking until completely cooked, about 30 seconds.
7 Add the vegetables and cilantro and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Source: California Rice Commission - calrice.org