The combination of tortellini, tomatoes and lettuce made such a nice color combination, it's almost a shame to eat it. The tortellinis can be made in advance and then put the salad together on Shabbat afternoon for seuda shelishit (the third Shabbat meal).
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 packages refrigerated kosher cheese-filled tortellini
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves or 3 tablespoon fresh
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1. Cook and drain tortellini as directed on package.
2. In a bowl, combine oil, vinegar and mustard. Pour the dressing over the cooked tortellini and toss to coat. (You can cool the tortellini in the refrigerator at this point and keep to use them later in the day.)
3. Mix lettuce, basil, tomatoes and pepper together in a large bowl.
4. Stir in the tortellinis (if they are still warm at this point, let mixture cool in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour).