The sharp tangy flavor of the cranberry and lime glaze contrasts well with the robust flavor of tuna in this nutrient rich meal the whole family will enjoy.
- 4 ServingsServings
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup water
- Juice of 2 limes
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 tuna steaks approximately 800g in total
- 4 handfuls of arugula
- 2 cup green beans, trimmed and steamed
- Soak eight small bamboo kebab sticks in water for about 10 minutes to prevent the kebab stick from burning during cooking.
- In a small saucepan, heat the cranberries and water to a gentle boil, cover the pan and reduce the heat to simmer for 15 minutes until the berries are soft and plump. Transfer the cranberries to a food processor and add the lime juice and seasoning and blend together to make a smooth jam like paste.
- Cut the tuna into chunks approximately 2.5cm thick and thread the chunks through the kebab sticks allowing approximately 4 pieces per stick.
- Brush each kebab with the glaze.
- Heat a grill pan or BBQ and lay a piece of baking paper over the hot plate.
- Reduce the heat slightly and place the kebabs onto the baking paper. Brush some more glaze over the kebabs while they cook on one side for about a minute. Turn the kebabs, brush on some more glaze and cook for a further minute. Continue until they have cooked evenly on all sides. After approximately 6 minutes, when the tuna is still a little pink in the middle, remove the kebabs, cover with foil and allow them to rest. Serve the kebabs with the remaining cranberry glaze on a bed of rocket with steamed green beans drizzled in a good quality olive oil.