A hearty meal for a cold day. Adjust the spices of the turkey chili to please your palate.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 2 cans (14.5-ounces each) diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 can (16-ounces) pinto beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa, mild or hot
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons sliced black olives
- Pareve sour cream
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown ground turkey and onion. Drain off excess fat.
2. Transfer browned mixture to the crock pot with tomatoes, beans, salsa, chili powder, and cumin.
Stir gently to blend ingredients.
3. Cover and cook on LOW setting for 5 to 6 hours.
4. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
5. Serve with a dollop of pareve sour cream and black olive slices.
You can make this easy crock pot chili with ground turkey or ground beef.