Warm up on a cool fall evening with a cup of Turmeric-Ginger Tea, otherwise known as golden milk. This beverage has all the great flavors of a spiced tea but is caffeine free and will help reduce inflammation from the ginger turmeric duo.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cups almond milk, coconut milk, cashew milk, or favorite non-dairy milk
- 2-inch piece of ginger, unpeeled and sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1-inch piece of turmeric, not peeled, but grated, or 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 whole clove, or pinch of ground cloves
- Several whole black peppercorns
- 1 wide strip of orange peel
- 1 tablespoon honey
1. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, simmer almond or other non-dairy milk, ginger, cinnamon, turmeric, clove, peppercorns, orange peel, and honey for 10 minutes.
2. Steep for 5 minutes. Strain and serve in a teacup or mug.