- 4-6 ServingsServings
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, rough chop
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoon dry oregano
- zest of 1 lemon
- 3 lemons, juiced, (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 14-ounce cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers, diced small
- 1/2 red onion, (about 1 cup), sliced into quarter moons
- 1 cup red and yellow cherry or pear tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- 3 teaspoon fresh rosemary, rough chopped
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup Parmesan or crumbled Goat’s Cheese, optional
In a medium sized skillet, place the olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes in a cold pan. Turn the heat to low, and allow the garlic to slowly brown.
When the garlic is lightly golden brown, remove from heat and add in the oregano, lemon zest, lemon juice and balsamic vinegar. Reserve.
In a large bowl combine the beans with the olives, roasted peppers, onions and tomatoes. Add in the sautéed sun dried tomatoes. Season with the salt, pepper, fennel and rosemary.
Pour the olive oil over the Bean Salad, and gently mix with a rubber spatula. Cover and refrigerate. Allow flavors to combine for at least 2 hours before serving. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before service.
*The Tuscan White Bean Salad can be prepared up to two days ahead.
*For dairy, stir in the Parmesan or Goat’s Cheese 30 minutes before service.