This healthy Udon Miso Soup is a sure source of umami flavor satisfaction, especially during the winter. You can find these ingredients and more at Eden.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 package (8 oz.) any EDEN Udon noodles
- 4 cups water, including reserved shiitake soaking water
- 8 EDEN Whole Shiitake Mushrooms, soaked 20 minutes in 1 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon wakame flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup carrots, julienned
- 1/2 cup organic tofu, cubed
- 2 cups watercress, washed and chopped arugula (Italian greens also known as rucola or rocquette), or spinach
- 2 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped for garnish
- 2 tablespoons EDEN Genmai Miso, or to taste or EDEN Mugi Miso
1. Cook udon as package directs, rinse and drain. Set aside.
2. Remove stems from the shiitake and discard. Reserve soaking water. Slice caps.
3. Place 4 cups water, including the shiitake soaking water and sliced shiitake in a medium sauce pan. Cover and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add the wakame flakes, carrots and tofu. Simmer 1 minute.
4. Puree the miso with a little soup broth.
5. Reduce flame to low, add the miso and simmer 2 minutes. Place the cooked udon and the watercress in the pot to heat up for 1 minute.
6. Place the udon in serving bowls, ladle the hot soup over and garnish with scallions.