Israeli salad typically refers to chopped cucumber, tomato and onion and then the riffing can begin.
This recipe adds a few other fun veggies and covers it in a tahini dressing.
- Prep Time
- 4 tomatoes
- 3 small cucumbers, finely chopped
- ½ sweet red/orange/yellow pepper, finely chopped
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- small bunch parsley, chopped
- small bunch mint, chopped
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of half a lemon
- ¼ cup raw tahini
- 3 tablespoons water
- pinch of salt
- Add everything to a bowl and toss.
- For the tahini sauce, mix the tahini, water and salt. Drizzle over salad. Best served right away. It's that simple!