Roasted veggies make a meal out of a bowl of instant couscous. Very little mess and cleanup and lots of flavor. Add chickpeas for more protein.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 zucchinis, sliced
- Handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 cup pitted olives
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 head garlic, separated and peeled
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita, plus more for drizzling
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 cups instant couscous
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400℉/200°C.
- Place zucchini, tomatoes, onion, olives, red pepper, and garlic on a sheet pan. Drizzle with evoo and sprinkle salt and pepper. Mix to coat veggies. Roast for 35 minutes.
- While the veggies are roasting, bring 3 cups water to a boil. Place the couscous in a large serving dish. Add a pinch of salt and mix. Pour the boiling water over the couscous, cover with a piece of plastic wrap and let it absorb the water for 5 minutes.
- Remove the cover and fluff the couscous with a fork.
- Place the vegetables on the couscous and mix. Drizzle more evoo and garnish with fresh parsley.
Delicious served hot, cold or at room temperature!