This is the ultimate creamy broccoli soup without the cream. The recipe includes potatoes and spinach for added thickness and nutrients to this low-fat soup.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 2 Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 1⁄2-inch cubes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery
- 4 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped broccoli
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups trimmed and washed spinach
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
1. Pour the 5 cups vegetable broth into a pot.
2. Add the potatoes, celery and chopped onion, bring to a simmer, cover, and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Stir in broccoli and basil, and return to a simmer; cook until the potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
4. Transfer about half the soup to a blender, add 1 cup spinach at a time and blend until smooth.
5. Repeat with rest of the soup and spinach. Return all blended soup to pot and stir very well. Serve.
Recipe published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Magazine Purim 2014 SUBSCRIBE NOW