This recipe for Vegan Veggie Risotto Stuffed Mushrooms was developed when I was putting a menu together for a dinner party. It’s a perfect appetizer for any dinner— dairy or meat. For larger personal portions, follow the same recipe just use extra large portabella mushrooms instead. Bon appetito!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 20 large cremini mushrooms
- ½ cup Arborio rice (or any short grain rice)
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 ½ cups vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Chopped parsley for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Remove stems from mushrooms, brush or spray lightly with oil, then salt lightly and bake for 25 minutes until fully cooked.
3. Sauté vegetables in coconut oil until tender.
4. Mix in rice and toast until no liquid remains in the pot.
5. Add the white wine and salt. Stir, then add the stock one ladle at a time whenever the liquid is absorbed by the rice; add more stock if needed.
6. Keep stirring until rice is cooked al dente.
7. Stuff mushrooms with 1 heaping tablespoon of risotto mixture, bake for another 10 min. and garnish with chopped parsley. Can be served at room temperature.