- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup vegetable stock, 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup couscous, 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- pinch ground cumin
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1/4 cup walnut halves, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups Wild Blueberries
- 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 sprigs each fresh cilantro and flat leaf parsley, chopped
1 In small saucepan, bring vegetable stock and 2 tablespoons of the oil to boil. Add couscous, lemon rind and cumin; stir to combine.
2 Remove from heat and cover; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and scrape into large bowl.
3 Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in skillet over medium heat and cook carrots for 5 minutes or until becoming softened.
4 Add zucchini and cook for 3 minutes or until softened. Remove from heat and add walnuts. Add to couscous. Add Wild Blueberries and chickpeas to bowl.
5 Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add cilantro and parsley and stir to combine well.
Source: Wild Blueberry Association of North America