- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 large Fuji apples, about 2 lb, cored, quartered lengthwise and cut into half-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped dried cranberries
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
1. In large, heavy saucepan, heat canola oil and add apples. Sauté over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until apples are lightly caramelized. Add water and lemon juice to pan, cook and stir briefly to deglaze pan.
2. Carefully transfer apples to bowl of food processor and pulse just a few times to chunky consistency. Stir in vanilla, cinnamon and cranberries. Serve warm.