- 4 ServingsServings
- 1½ pound chicken tenders (8-12 tenders)
- 1 cup French green lentils
- 3 cup water
- 1½ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup purchased red wine vinaigrette salad dressing
- 1/4 cup minced Italian parsley
In a medium sized saute pan with a tight fitting lid, combine lentils, water and 1 teaspoon salt. Bring water and lentils to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until lentils are tender.
While lentils cook, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat in a sauté pan. Add garlic, onions and celery and sauté until vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes. Remove vegetables to a medium sized bowl.
In same pan used to cook vegetables, heat remaining oil over medium high heat. Season chicken tenders with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Place in heated pan. Saute on both sides until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes per side.
When lentils are tender, drain any liquid, and add lentils to vegetables. Stir in dressing and parsley, mix well.
Spoon lentils onto a serving platter and top with chicken tenders.