- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 6 " x 6" squares of Puff pastry, 1/8-inch thick
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 6 ounces crumbled Gorgonzola
- 6 Bosc or Bartlett Pears
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Fresh thyme sprigs or basil chiffonade garnish
- Place pastry squares on a parchment lined baking sheet and brush edges of pastry with egg.
- Place 2 tablespoons Gorgonzola in center of each square. Fold opposing corners of the pastry to the center creating a smaller square; pinch to seal and brush top with egg.
- Refrigerate until ready to bake. Bake at 375ºF for about 15 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Peel, core and quarter or halve pears.
- Leaving stem end intact, slice into 1/4-inch wedges and gently fan slices. While pastries are baking, heat butter, sugar, salt and pepper in a medium-size skillet.
- Add pears and cook over medium-low heat for 10 –15 minutes, turning once until tender and lightly caramelized.
- (Alternatively, melt butter and gently combine with pears, sugar, salt and pepper; bake pears on pan with pastries.
- Depending on ripeness of pears they may take longer or shorter time to bake than pastries.)
- Serve warm pastry, accompanied with half a warm caramelized pear. Garnish with herbs.