The perfect party app is an exciting and unexpected mash up of two of my favorite cuisines.
Watch me make it on the Today Show with Carson and Dylan.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 25-30 latke bitesServings
- 5 Idaho potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 large onion, grated
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon Kikkoman® Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce or Kikkoman® Soy Sauce
- 2 teaspoons wasabi powder
- ½ cup wasabi peas, coarsely chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil for frying
- Kikkoman® Wasabi Sauce
- Optional for serving and garnish: sour cream, ginger, snipped micro greens, herbs, wasabi peas, scallions curls, avocado, black sesame seeds, tobiko and ikura caviar
- Place potatoes and onions on a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out all liquid. Combine dry potatoes and onions with eggs, salt, teriyaki, wasabi powder and wasabi peas.
- Heat a large sauté pan over high heat with ½-inch layer of oil. Once oil is hot, add potato mixture to pan using a 1 tablespoon measuring spoon or ice cream scooper. Fry for 1-2 minutes on each side, until golden. Remove to drain on paper towels.
- Assemble an array of decorative bites drizzled with wasabi sauce and mixing and matching garnish as desired.