An easy cake made of 3 ingredients, reminiscent of a Torta Di Ricotta. The original recipe created by Shaily Lipa was measured in ounces. Although it has been translated to cups, for best results it is recommended that the ingredients be measured using a kitchen scale that measures in ounces.
Note: It is important to use good quality white chocolate with at least 20% cocoa butter, at least 3.5% milk fat, and a maximum of 55% in sweeteners.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Shaily Lipa.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup white chocolate, coarsely chopped (9 ounces)
- 1¼ cups fresh ricotta cheese, room temperature (11 ounces)
- Garnish: confectioners’ sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line the bottom of a 9- x 9-inch pan with parchment paper and grease the sides.
2. Whip eggs in an electric mixer until very, very fluffy, about 5 to 6 minutes.
3. Melt white chocolate in a double boiler until smooth. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
4. Fold together melted chocolate and eggs.
5. Add ricotta and combine well, gently.
6. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
7. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden. The cake is ready when the sides are slightly crusty, but the inside is still soft.
8. Once cooled, cover and let sit in the fridge overnight.
9. To serve, garnish with confectioners’ sugar before slicing.