- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 muffinsServings
- 1 ½ cups medium grind cornmeal
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2-4 tablespoons sugar or honey
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk of any kind
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil or melted butter
1 Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a standard or mini muffin pan and set aside.
2 Mix together the cornmeal, whole wheat pastry flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Add the milk, egg and oil and blend until smooth, careful not to over mix.
3 Spoon batter into the muffin tins about 3/4 full. Bake for about 20 minutes for the standard size and 12 minutes for the mini muffins. When done, tops of the muffins should spring back when tapped.
Source: Recipe courtesy of Ellie Matthews www.usarice.com and www.wholegrainscouncil.org