This savory Wilted Red Cabbage with Garlic Confit Gremolata is cooked in chicken stock for a rich flavor, perfect to serve with any meat meal.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 heaping tablespoons garlic confit gremolata
- 2 medium red onions
- 1 large head red cabbage, shredded
- ½ cup chicken stock
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper
1. Pulse all of the ingredients together in a food processor and store in the refrigerator.
2. Place a large sauté pan over medium heat. Melt the garlic confit. Add the onions and cook until the onions are slightly softened (about 5 minutes).
3. Add the cabbage and chicken stock and continue cooking until the cabbage has wilted down but is still crunchy (about 12 minutes).
4. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
Recipe published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Magazine Spring 2013 SUBSCRIBE NOW