If you are a pancake lover like me, you will love this recipe; these pancakes are very airy and fluffy because of the yogurt in the batter. The batter is non-fat; the only fat in the pancakes are from the frying. You can have them with date or maple syrup but if you want the full experience don’t miss out on the white chocolate cream and fruit salad. It’s really taking pancakes and turning them, very easily into a gourmet treat!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
For the pancake batter
- 1 container 3% yogurt (200 ml - 6 oz)
- 3/4 cup (200ml) milk
- 2 large eggs
- 5 tablespoons date honey
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/4 cup (150) grams sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Oil spray for frying
For the white chocolate cream
- 1 container whipping cream (38%) 8 oz. - 250 ml
- 100 grams white chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon good quality vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 containers Greek yogurt (260 grams - 9 oz)
For the fruit salad
- ½ small melon, diced to cubes
- 6-8 fresh figs cut into quarters
- 1 nectarine diced to cubes
- 2 plums diced to cubes
- 6 madjoul dates pitted and sliced
- Pomegranate seeds from ½ a pomegranate
- Grapes from a small grape cluster
- Content of 3 passion fruits
- 2 tablespoons of Grand Marnier liquor
- Handful of fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
Prepare a day ahead: bring cream to a boil in a small sauce pan. When it is slightly bubbly (avoid boiling) remove from the heat and add the white chocolate, cut to cubes. Mix thoroughly until the chocolate is completely absorbed. Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate overnight.
Prepare the pancake batter: to a bowl add the yogurt, milk, eggs, date honey and sugar. Beat well with a hand mixer or whisk. In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Add the flour mixture to the liquid mixture and mix just until united. Cover, and set aside for 30 minutes before frying.
Finish preparing the cream: cream the white chocolate mixture in a mixer or hand mixer with the sugar until whipped cream is formed. Add vanilla extract and fold in the yogurt.
Fruit salad: mix all the ingredients for the salad together in a bowl and set aside for 30 minutes to absorb all the flavors.
Fry the pancakes: spray a large non stick pan, or pancake pan with oil. When the pan is hot, pour batter creating 3-4 pancakes. When the bottom side is golden and the top is bubbly, it’s time to turn them with a spatula to the other side. When golden on both sides remove from heat and repeat with the remaining batter.
For serving: place 2-3 pancakes in a decorative serving plate. Drizzle with some maple or date honey syrup. Place a good spoonful of white chocolate cream and fruit salad. Serve immediately.