The idea for this dinner was inspired by both Indian chatt and the Levantine Fatteh. Both are dishes that feature warm spiced chickpeas over crispy bread like chips and topped with a cool yogurt sauce.
You can easily adapt this recipe to your favorite veggies, anything can be roasted in the oven, such as butternut squash or eggplant.
This is a great way to use up leftover pita too, but if you prefer you can cut back or eliminate the pita and serve over rice.
This can be made without the salmon and served over rice with salad as a vegetarian meal or as is with salmon.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 cups bitesize cauliflower florets (the smaller the pieces, the faster they will cook)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 ½ pounds salmon
- 2 tablespoons Jamie Geller Za'atar, divided
- 2 whole wheat pitas, torn into pieces
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Garnish: toasted pine nuts, chopped parsley or cilantro, zaatar
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line two sheet pans with parchment.
- Spread cauliflower on one sheet pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon evoo and sprinkle with salt and pepper, toss to coat. Roast for 20-30 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine yogurt, garlic, cumin, lemon juice, tahini and pinch salt, whisk until combined. Set aside.
- On second sheet pan, lay out salmon. Drizzle with evoo and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon zaatar. When cauliflower is golden, add pita pieces and chickpeas to pan. Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon evoo and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon zaatar. Place both pans back in oven and roast 15-20 minutes until salmon is cooked through, pita is toasted and chickpeas are warm.
- When everything is ready, serve by scattering pita chips on a plate, topped with roasted cauliflower and chickpeas and yogurt sauce alongside salmon. Garnish as desired and enjoy.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 609
- Carbohydrate Content: 48.1 g
- Cholesterol Content: 71 mg
- Fat Content: 27.5 g
- Fiber Content: 10.2 g
- Protein Content: 44.6 g
- Sodium Content: 619 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g