Low Carb and rich, easy to make zucchini souffle (kugel)!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 large zucchini squash (can use 6 medium yellow and 6 medium green squash)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 package fresh mushrooms
- 2 large onions
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
1. Scrub zucchini and cut into strips (DO NOT PEEL!) Sprinkle with salt and let them drain in a colander or strainer, once soft, rinse with water and drain again. Make sure they drain well!
2. Slice mushrooms and onions and saute. If using soup mix, add ½ here so the onions caramelize better.
3. After zucchini has drained, press it over the colander so that all liquids drain.
4. Mix zucchini with all other ingredients.
5. Bake in preheated oven at 350* for 50 minutes-1 hour until top springs back when touched.