Inspired by an avocado stuffed teriyaki salmon dish I used to order every Sunday from a great restaurant around the corner from NYU. I riffed a bit since I didn't have teriyaki in the house - so salsa it is, and it is SO good. Serve with my favorite 3-Ingredient "Spanish" Oven Rice.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 6 salmon fillets
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup salsa
Preheat oven to 400°F.
1. Season salmon with salt and pepper.
2. Butterfly salmon fillets by slicing lengthwise but not all the way through, to form a "pocket."
3. Peel, pit and cut avocado into 6-12 slices.
4. Stuff each salmon pocket with 1-2 slices of avocado.
5. Top with salsa.
6. Bake uncovered for at 400°F for 20 minutes until fish is opaque and flakes with a fork.