This is for real deal chocolate lovers 𝘖𝘕𝘓𝘠! All others, need not apply. When it comes to the ooey gooey "lava" center the bigger the chocolate chunks the better.
MAKE IT GLUTEN FREE: sub potato starch for the flour.
Use great quality chocolate for the large center chunks like this one from Scharffen Berger.
A huge thank you to Chana Rochel for the best recipe ever!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ cups (200- 250g) chocolate chips
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 large squares of chocolate (the bigger the better)
- ⅔ cup flour or potato starch
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 8 ramekins with cooking spray.
1. In a double boiler or microwave, melt chocolate and oil. Let cool.
2. Whisk eggs. Add sugar and whisk well.
3. Slowly stream and whisk cooled, melted chocolate into egg mixture.
4. Gently mix and fold in flour until completely combined.
5. Pour into greased ramekins or cupcake liners.
6. Press a chunk of chocolate into each cupcake.
7. Bake at 350°F for 8-10 minutes.