Duck wings are great way to start experimenting with cooking duck, it is economical and delicious. Really nice on the grill, but the broiler works too for the final crisp up.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 pounds Grow & Behold Duck Wings
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons 5-spice powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 inch chunk ginger, whacked then minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup brown rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup Braggs or low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sambal olek (chili paste) or more to taste
1. Place wings in a covered dish with 2 of the minced garlic cloves and the vegetable oil. Cook at 300°F in oven for 3 hours, or until tender. Remove from oven and let cool.
2. Mix all remaining ingredients together. Put half the marinade in a ziplock bag with wings and marinate at least 2 hours, or overnight, in the refrigerator.
3. Transfer remaining marinade to a small saucepan and simmer over low heat until sauce has reduced by one third and has thickened.
4. Grill or broil wings until crispy.
Serve sauce alongside wings.
Recipe originally published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Magazine Purim 2015 SUBSCRIBE NOW