A fun twist on a kugel, 7 Species Kugel has something for everyone. The addition of dry-cured olives adds a snappy, salty bite. Don't worry if it doesn't stick together like most kugels, still a great dish.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 10 +Servings
- 1 pound wide egg noodles, cooked according to package directions
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup stemmed, chopped dried figs
- ½ cup chopped pitted dates
- ½ cup dry-cured black olives, pitted and chopped
- 6 eggs, whisked
- 2 cups non-dairy coconut yogurt, or favorite brand, or regular yogurt or sour cream for dairy preparation
- 1 cup canned coconut milk or 1 cup WHOLE milk for dairy preparation
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 2 cups puffed barley cereal
- Garnish: pomegranate arils
1. Grease 9- x 13-inch pan. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Stir together noodles, raisins, figs, dates, olives, eggs, yogurt, coconut milk, and salt in a large bowl and pour into prepared pan.
3. Top with barley cereal and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Scatter pomegranate seeds over the top.