Use this easy muffin batter to create your favorite variety.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cups flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup almond oil
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup sliced, roasted almonds*
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, stir together egg, milk, almond oil and almond extract.
3. Blend with dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in almonds.
4. Spoon into paper-lined 2½-inch muffin pan. Bake at 400°F, on top rack of oven, 20 to 25 minutes.
*To roast almonds, spread on an ungreased baking pan. Place in a 350°F oven, and bake 7 to 10 minutes or until almonds are fragrant; stir once or twice to assure even browning. Almonds will continue to roast slightly after removing from oven.
To add variety to your almond muffin base:
Fold 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries into batter with almonds.
Spice Cherry and Almond Muffins:
Add 1 teaspoon cinnamon with dry ingredients. Fold ⅔ cup chopped dried cherries into batter with almonds.
Fold 1 cup chopped dried apricots into batter with almonds.
Fold 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel (yellow part only) into batter with almonds.
Source: Almond Board of California