Fluffy strawberry cream envelops rich squares of Duncan Hines Angel Food Cake in this refrigerated dessert. Angel Strawberry Bavarian Cake is lovely and refreshing.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12-15 ServingsServings
- 1 pkg Duncan Hines® Angel Food Cake Mix
- 1 (10 oz) pkg frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1 (3 oz) pkg strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 (8 oz) containers non-dairy whipped topping
- 4 fresh strawberries
- mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 375 Angel Sherbet Cake Angel Sherbet Cake ° F. Prepare, bake and cool cake as directed on package. Cut cake into 1-inch cubes.
- Drain thawed strawberries, reserving juice. Combine gelatin and boiling water in small bowl. Stir until gelatin is dissolved. Add enough water to strawberry juice to measure 1 cup; stir into gelatin. Refrigerate until gelatin is slightly thickened. Beat gelatin until foamy.
- Fold together 1 container whipped topping, gelatin and strawberries.
- Alternate layers of cake cubes and strawberry mixture into 10-inch tube pan. Press lightly. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours. Unmold cake onto serving plate. Frost sides and top of cake with remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Garnish with fresh strawberries and mint leaves.
Source: Duncan Hines