Make a big batch of these burritos and store in the freezer for grab and go meal any time of day. High in protein and vegetables you will love these.
The calories for this burrito are slightly higher than our average breakfast, but these are really great for lunch or a day when you won’t have time for a snack
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 1 bunch kale, about 4 cups chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Pinch crushed red pepper (optional)
- 12 egg whites or 6 large eggs
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 whole wheat tortillas/wraps
- In a large saute pan, heat olive oil over medium high. Sauté mushrooms until beginning to brown. Add kale, salt, and peppers.
- Meanwhile beat eggs with cheese.
- Add eggs to pan and stir everything around to make a scramble.
- Once eggs are set divide between 6 tortillas.
- Roll the burrito tightly by folding the sides in over the filling and then rolling up from the bottom.
- Eat immediately or wrap tightly in foil and freeze for later. If frozen unwrap and microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes or in oven at 350℉ for 12 to 15 minutes.
Tips: If making a big batch to store in the freezer, let the filling cool down first.
- Serving Size: per wrap
- Calories: 297
- Carbohydrate Content: 28.7 g
- Cholesterol Content: 20 mg
- Fat Content: 13.1 g
- Fiber Content: 6.1 g
- Protein Content: 19.3 g