- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- - ServingsServings
- 2 Granny:Smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup:fresh raspberry (you can use thawed frozen raspberries).
- 1/2 cup:sugar
- 2 tablespoons:honey
- 1/8 teaspoon:salt
- 3/4 teaspoon:ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 (15-ounce):package refrigerated piecrusts or frozen ones, defrosted or your own recipe
- 1 tablespoon:sugar
- In a sauce pan combine the apples, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, sugar, honey and salt.
- Cook for 5 minutes over a medium heat and then reduce the heat to low, and cook, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or until the apples are tender.
- Add the raspberries and cook for 3 more minutes. Remove from heat and cool completely, and drain.
- Roll piecrusts to 12-inch circles; cut each crust into 9 (4-inch) circles.
- Spoon 1 level tablespoon fruit mixture onto half of each pastry circle.
- Moisten edges with water; fold dough over fruit mixture, pressing edges to seal.
- Crimp edges with a fork dipped in flour.
- Pour oil to depth of 1/2 inch into a large heavy skillet; heat to 350°.
- Fry pies, in batches, 2 minutes on each side.
- Combine 1 tablespoon sugar and remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and sprinkle over hot pies.
Note: If you don't want to fry these pies, you can bake them instead. Place them on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 425. for 12 minutes or until golden and crispy.