Serve something new this Thanksgiving. Apple butter gives this pumpkin pie a little extra sweetness.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 to 8Servings
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup apple butter
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 can (5-ounces) evaporated milk
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon each ground ginger, cloves, and nutmeg
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9-inch)
- Whipped cream, optional
1. Preheat oven oven to 400°F.
2. In a large bowl, combine eggs, pumpkin, apple butter, brown sugar, evaporated milk, milk, and vanilla extract. Whisk in salt and spices until well blended. Pour into pastry shell.
3. Bake at 400°F for 50 to 55 minutes, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cover edges loosely with foil during the last 20 minutes, if necessary.
4. Cool on wire rack. Garnish with whipped cream, if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
Source: adapted from www.tasteofhome.com