Simple and delicious roasted chicken with cider is perfect as is, or as a savory and sweet canvas for apple chutney.
My simanim inspired Rosh Hashanah main is so simple and so flavorful you won't be it is also family friendly and freezer friendly. Get the full Simanim Inspired Rosh Hashanah Menu.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 chickens, each cut into 6 pieces
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups apple cider
- Fresh thyme sprigs, or 2 teaspoons dried thyme (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Drizzle 2 pans with oil. Scatter thyme on the bottom of the pans. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place chicken, skin side down, in pans (don’t overcrowd) and roast for 20 minutes.
3. Turn chicken over, pour cider into pans and continue roasting for another 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and cider has reduced to a glaze.
4. Transfer chicken to platter and spoon cider over chicken. Top with chutney, if desired.