This salad is a perfect complement to any cheese plate. It is a great palate cleanser after cheese and is also a fantastic option when topped with cheese.
Endives make for an elegant edible serving surface. In addition, the bitter taste of this winter vegetable complements the sweet and tart apple salad and the smooth and tangy flavor of cheese. Endive is rich in many vitamins and minerals, especially in folate and vitamins A and K, and is also high in fiber.
- Prep Time
- 2 Granny Smith apples, finely diced
- ⅓ cup chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 heads endive, any color
1. Combine the apples, mint, honey, lemon juice, olive oil and salt and pepper.
Note: Can be made ahead of time and kept covered in refrigerator for 24 hours.
2. When ready to serve, fill apple salad in endive leaves and place on cheese platter.