Tarragon is the perfect complement to fennel as both have an anise taste. The apples add crunch and sweetness to the salad.
- Prep Time
- 2 medium crunchy apples (Fuji or Gala apples are recommended), thinly sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon, divided or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Manischewitz honey
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Place apples and fennel in a salad bowl or glass storage container.
2. In a small bowl, make the vinaigrette by mixing remaining ingredients, saving 2 tablespoons of fresh tarragon for garnish.
3. Pour vinaigrette over apples and fennel. Can be made up to 12 hours before serving. Top with fresh tarragon when serving.
Recipe published in the JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller magazine Summer 2014. Subscribe Now