Apple Fritters: Sweet rings of freshly sliced apple are dipped in a grain-free, nut-free batter made of coconut flour, arrowroot powder, and eggs, then deep fried until golden and crispy.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup arrowroot powder
- ¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 3 large eggs, whisked
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and sliced into ¼ inch rings
- Olive oil, for frying
1. In a medium bowl, combine coconut flour, arrowroot, and salt .
2. Mix in eggs and maple syrup .
3. Dip apple rings in batter .
4. Heat 2 inches oil in a frying pan or pot.
5. Fry in small batches, about 2 minutes per side .
6. Transfer to a paper towel lined tray .
7. Serve with ice cream and cinnamon sugar.
Recipe posted with permission from Elana's Pantry