Make these Apple Pie Cookies as individual portions instead of baking an entire pie.
Place all filling ingredients in a pan.
Cook the filling ingredients on medium heat.
Remove filling from heat and place in a bowl. Let cool and put aside in a refrigerator while you make the dough.
Place dough on working surface and press together. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate.
Cut out flower-shaped pieces of dough.
Place pieces of dough in muffin tin.
Put 2 teaspoons of apple pie filling in next.
Cover the apples with the topping.
Let cookies cool and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar before serving.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 36 cookiesServings
- 4 granny smith apples
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla beans
- 100 grams or ½ cup cubed cold butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- ¼ cup quick oats
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
1. Cut the apples in small cubes and put in a pan.
2. Add butter, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Cook on medium heat for 10 minutes and stir.
3. Remove from heat and place filling in a bowl. Let cool completely and refrigerate.
1. Beat the butter, salt, and sugar in a mixer and cream them together.
2. Add the egg yolk and beat until all combined. Add the flour and continue on a low speed. When it forms big crumbs, remove from the bowl to a working surface and press it together.
3. Wrap in a plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
1. Put butter, oats, flour, and honey in a bowl, and mix together. Refrigerate.
1. Oil a mini-muffin pan.
2. Roll the dough on a floured surface. With a flower-shaped cookie cutter, cut cookies out and put flowers in the muffin pan.
3. In each space put 1 to 2 teaspoons of the apple filling. Cover the apples with the topping.
4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack. Repeat with leftover dough.
5. When serving, sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.