Highly prized for its unique and delicate orange flavor, orange blossom honey also boasts a wide variety of natural antioxidants as well. (And, yes, if I haven’t convinced you to add another item to your shopping list, you can always swap good ‘ol plain honey in this recipe.)
Bonus: Transfer remaining dressing to a container and store in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 6 kosher sausage links, sliced into rounds
- Zest and juice of 1 large orange
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange blossom honey
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 10-12 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 1 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
1. in a saute pan heat a tiny drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat and sauté sausage until golden brown.
2. In a blender, combine orange zest and juice, vinegar, honey, and garlic. Blend until smooth. With the blender running, add remaining olive oil in a steady stream until combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. To serve, toss spinach, sausage, and apple with vinaigrette to taste.