Green food coloring makes this fresh, cool sorbet look like Granny Smith apples. Serve it after your Yomtov meal.
- Prep Time
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and quartered
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 1 liter apple juice
- Drop of green food colouring
1. Boil apples in a saucepan with water and icing sugar. Once apples are soft, remove pan from heat and blend with a hand blender or in a food processor.
2. Add apple juice and mix well. If you want it to look a little greener, add a drop of green food coloring; mix very well.
3. Pour mixture through a strainer into a rectangular container and freeze for 5 to 6 hours, until it's frozen around the edges but not completely through.
4. Remove from freezer and rake sorbet with a fork, mixing it up well. Alternatively scoop it out and blend in a food processor until smooth. Raking it gives you a granita texture; blending it makes it velvety and smooth.
5. Refreeze. If desired, blend it twice for an even creamier texture. Remove from the freezer about 10 minutes before serving to soften it a little.