The sweet and savory sauce for these wings comes together easily in the food processor.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 to 10Servings
- 4 pounds chicken wings, tips removed, and cut at the joint
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup apricot preserves
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Fresh lime wedges, for garnish
1. Season wings with salt. Heat grill to medium high.
2. In the bowl of a food processor, combine preserves, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, lime juice, vinegar, and cumin; process until smooth. Add chives.
3. Place wings on grill and cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Turn, and grill for 5 to 6 minutes more. With a pastry brush or spoon, brush sauce on wings. Cook for 1 minute, and turn. Repeat cooking time on other side of wings. Wings should register 170°F when tested with an instant read thermometer.
4. Serve wings garnished with lime wedges.