To make this salad in advance, prepare potatoes and vinaigrette, then set aside. Toss to combine right before you're ready to serve.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 pound Idaho potatoes, scrubbed and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2½ teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 small shallot, minced
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 7 ounces arugula, washed, dried and thick stems removed
- 1 ounce shaved Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven or grill to 500°F.
2. In a large bowl, toss potatoes with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread potatoes out in one layer on a parchment lined or non-stick baking sheet.
3. Roast or grill until browned on one side, about 9 minutes, then flip and roast on other side, until brown, about 5 minutes more. Remove from oven, and reserve 18 potato slices for garnish. Place the rest of the potatoes in a large bowl.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, white wine vinegar, shallot, salt and pepper.
5. Top potatoes with arugula, and drizzle with vinaigrette. Toss well and serve, garnishing each plate with reserved potato slices and shaved Parmesan.
Source: Idaho Potato Commission, courtesy of Chef Wendy Malouf, Beacon Restaurant & Bar, New York City