Arugula leaves get flavored with a tahini dressing and pomegranate seeds in my take on a Middle Eastern Salad.
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 6 cups arugula
- 1 14-oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
1. In a large bowl, combine the arugula, chickpeas, carrots and parsley.
2. To make vinaigrette, whisk together the tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in the olive oil until thick. Pour over salad and mix gently with your hands.
3. Top the dressed salad with pomegranate seeds.