Add some greens to the salad by tossing in 2 cups of baby spinach or mixed field greens just before serving.
- Prep Time
- 6 - 8 servings ServingsServings
- 2 cups packaged shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups packaged shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup packaged shredded carrots
- 15 cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 (15-ounce) can hearts of palm, drained and sliced
- 1 (15-ounce) can Chinese baby corn, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- For dressing
- 1/3 cup Mikee sesame teriyaki sauce
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 frozen cubes crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ginger (or 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger)
- In a salad bowl, place cabbages, carrots, tomatoes, hearts of palm, baby corn and water chestnuts.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients. Pour dressing over salad. Toss lightly, just enough to coat.
- Serve at room temperature or chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes
Contributed by: Quick & Kosher, JAMIE GELLER